KNAPWELL, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; 3½ miles NE of Caxton, and 4½ SSW of Swavesey r. station. Post town, Elsworth, under St. Ives, Hunts. Acres, 2, 000. Real property, £719. Pop., 156. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £150. Patron, the Rev. David Craig. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1865. Charities, £8.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Knapwell CP/AP Caxton RegD/PLU Cambridgeshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.