LEA-MARSTON, a village and a parish in Meriden district, Warwick. The village stands on the river Tame, near Whitacre r. station, 2¼ miles N of Coleshill; and has a post office under Birmingham.The parish contains also the hamlet of Marston, and comprises 1, 438 acres. Real property, £2, 116. Pop., 261. Houses, 60. The manor, with Hams Hall and most of the land, belongs to the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The church stands embosomed in wood, has a tower, and contains monuments of the Adderleys. There are national schools, and charities £9.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Lea Marston CP/Ch Meriden RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.