LIGHTHORNE, a village and a parish in Southam district, Warwick. The village stands near the Fosse way, 3½ miles N of Kineton, and 4 S W by S of Harbury r. station; and has a post office under Warwick. The parish comprises 2,007 acres. Real property, £2,249. Pop., 391. Houses, 85. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Willoughby de Broke. The parish is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £322.* Patron, Lord Willoughby de Broke. The church is early English, in good condition; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and contains a tablet to the late Lord Willoughby de Broke. There is a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Lighthorne AP/CP Southam PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.