LLANIDLOES AND NEWTOWN RAILWAY, a railway in Montgomeryshire; from a junction with the Mid Wales line at Llanidloes, 12½ miles north-eastward, to a junction with the Oswestry and Chester line at Newtown. It was authorized in 1853, on a capital of £60,000; it acquired further powers in 1856,1859,1861, and 1862; and it has working agreements with the Shropshire Union, the Mid Wales, and the London and Northwestern.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a railway" (ADL Feature Type: "railroad features")|
|Administrative units:||Montgomeryshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.