Your free text search term was LLANRHYCHWYN.
LLANRHYCHWYN, a parish, with a village, in the district of Llanrwst and county of Carnarvon; on the river Conway at the boundary with Denbigh, 1½ mile W by N of Llanrwst r. station. Post town, Llanrwst, Denbighshire. Acres, with Trefriw, 9,576. Real property of L. a lone, £1,799; of which £124 are in mines. Pop., 532. Houses, 113. The property is all in one estate. A seat of the bard Taliesin was at the E end of Llyn-Gerrionydd. The land is hilly. Slate is quarried, and lead ore is mined. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Trefriw, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Rhychwyn, and was reported in 1859 as not good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Llanrhychwyn CP/AP Caernarvonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.