Your free text search term was DALAVICH.
Avich (Gael. abh-ach, ` field of the water '), a beautiful little loch in the Dalavich portion of Kilchrenan Dalavich parish, Lorn, Argyllshire, 1¼ E of Loch Awe, to which it sends off the Avich rivulet. Rudely resembling a triangle, with apex to the WSW, it is 3¼ miles long by 5½ furlongs at its foot; lies 311 feet above sea level; and is flanked to the N by Cruach Maolachy (1239 feet), Cruach Narrachan (1223), and Meall Odhar (1255), to the S by Càrn Duchara (1407) and Tom an t'Saoir (1191). A ruined castle stands near its head on an islet famous in Fingalian legend; its waters abound in trout, bright hued, well shaped, and two or three to the lb.; but salmon are stopped by a fall upon the rivulet.
(F.H. Groome, Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4); © 2004 Gazetteer for Scotland)
|Feature Description:||"a beautiful little loch" (ADL Feature Type: "lakes")|
|Administrative units:||Argyll ScoCnty|
|Place names:||ABH ACH | AVICH|
Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.