LLANTRISSENT, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on the river Usk, 3 miles S by E of Usk r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 2,762. Real property, £2,832. Pop., 308. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Pertholey, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev.J. E. Wakley. The church is dedicated to Sts. Peter, Paul, and John; and is good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Llantrissent CP/AP Pont Y Pool PLU/RegD Monmouthshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.