MAPPERTON, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 2 ½ miles SE by E of Beaminster, and 3 NW by N of Poorstock r. station. Post town, Beaminster, under Bridport. Acres, 804. Real property, with North Poorton, £2,332. Pop., 92. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Mapperton House, belongs to H.Compton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Valne, £170.* Patron, H.Compton, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1704.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Mapperton AP/CP Beaminster RegD/PLU Dorset AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.