Kingston upon Hull, parl. and mun. bor. and par., East-Riding Yorkshire, at influx of river Hull to the estuary of the Humber, 55½ miles SE. of Leeds and 173½ miles N. of London--par., 1054 ac. (29 water) and 683 tidal water and foreshore, pop. 78,222; bor., pop. 165,690. Kingston upon Hull returns 3 members to Parliament (3 divisions--East, Central, and West, 1 member for each division); the representation was increased from 2 to 3 members in 1885, when the parliamentary limits were extended so as to include the entire municipal limits. See HULL.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"parliamentary and municipal borough and parish" (ADL Feature Type: "cities")|
|Administrative units:||Kingston upon Hull Borough Yorkshire AncC|
|Place:||Kingston upon Hull|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.