Meopham (or Meffam), par. and vil. with ry. sta. (1½ mile N.), Kent, 6 miles W. of Rochester and 26 miles SE. of London, 4713 ac., pop. 1220; P.O., T.O.; the church was rebuilt by Simon de Meopham, Archbishop of Canterbury (1327-1333), who was a native.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"parish and village with railway station" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Meopham CP/AP Kent AncC|
|Place names:||MEFFAM | MEOPHAM | MEOPHAM OR MEFFAM|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.