Cave, South, par. and township, East-Riding Yorkshire, 10 miles NW. of Hull -- par., 7625 ac., pop. 1452; township, 4337 ac., pop. 960; contains Cave Castle.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"parish and township" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||South Cave CP/AP Yorkshire AncC|
|Place names:||CAVE | CAVE SOUTH | SOUTH CAVE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.