Widdrington, township and vil. with ry. sta., Woodburn par., Northumberland - township, 4702 ac. land and 245 foreshore, pop. 1038; vil., 6½ miles NE. of Morpeth; P.O., T.O.; Widdrington Castle is a modern edifice, and includes a small part of the ancient castle which was destroyed by fire in 1780.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"township and village with railway station" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Northumberland AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.