Patrington, small town and par. with ry. sta., East-Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles SW. of Withernsea and 15 miles SE. of Hull, 3741 ac. (48 water), pop. 1360; P.O., T.O. Patrington was an important place long before the Norman Conquest. The church was built in the reign of Edward II. A fair trade in seed, corn, and other farm produce, and in coal, is carried on, and there are flax works, corn mills, and breweries.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"small town and parish with railway station" (ADL Feature Type: "cities")|
|Administrative units:||Patrington AP/CP Yorkshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.