Carse of Gowrie, fertile alluvial tract, Perthshire and Forfarshire; extends along N. bank of river Tay from Kinnoull Hill, Perthshire, to vicinity of Dundee Forfarshire; 15 miles long and 2 to 4 miles broad.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"fertile alluvial tract" (ADL Feature Type: "floodplains")|
|Administrative units:||Perthshire ScoCnty|
|Place:||Carse of Gowrie|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.