Burton.-- par. and township, W. Cheshire, on estuary of the Dee, 8 miles NW. of Chester -- par., 3300 ac. (21 water), 35 foreshore, pop. 415; township, 1927 ac. (10 water), 35 foreshore, pop. 257; contains B. Hall
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"parish and township" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Burton AP/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.