Bedlington.-- par. and township with ry. sta., S. Northumberland, on river Blyth, 5 miles SE. of Morpeth, 8436 ac., pop. 14,510; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has coal mines, iron-works, chain and nail making.
(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))
|Feature Description:||"parish and township with railway station" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bedlington CP/AP Northumberland AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.