Your free text search term was WILSFORD.
WILSFORD, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 1¾ mile SW of Amesbury, and 5 NW of Porton r. station. Post town, Amesbury, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,591. Rated property, £1,465. Pop., 140. Houses, 26. W. House is the seat of G. Loder, Esq. Lake House was the seat of the antiquary Duke, author of the "Druidical Temples of Wilts;'' and is now the seat of the Rev. E. Duke. Many barrows are on the downs. The living is a vicarage, united with Woodford, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £420.* Patron, the Bishop of S. The church was repaired in 1858.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Wilsford CP/AP Amesbury RegD/PLU Wiltshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.