WRESTLINGWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Biggleswade district, Beds; 2¾ miles ESE of Potton r. station. It has a post-office under St. Neots. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,441. Pop., 657. Houses, 139. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English and good. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £61.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Wrestlingworth AP/CP Biggleswade PLU/RegD Bedfordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.