Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MINSKIP

MINSKIP, a township, with a village, in Aldborough parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile SW of Boroughbridge. Acres, 1,395. Real property, £3,184. Pop., 220. Houses, 55. The manor belongs to A. S. Lawson, Esq. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national infant school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Aldborough CP/AP       Minskip Tn/CP       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Minskip

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.