Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SOMERTON (West)

SOMERTON (West), a parish in Flegg district, Norfolk; 8¾ miles NW by N of Yarmouth r. station. It has a post-office under Yarmouth. Acres, 1,189. Real property, £2,252. Pop., 244. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to T. F. Grove, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £98. Patron, T. F. Grove, Esq. The church is thatched; and has a round tower, with octangular lantern.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Somerton CP       West Somerton CP/AP       East and West Flegg Inc/PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place names: SOMERTON     |     SOMERTON WEST     |     WEST SOMERTON
Place: West Somerton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.