STRATFORD-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; 3 miles SW of Saxmundham r. station. Post town, Farnham, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 793. Real property, £1,373. Pop., 181. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Earl Guilford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is plain Norman.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Stratford St Andrew CP/AP Plomesgate RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
|Place:||Stratford St Andrew|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.