Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TIBENHAM

TIBENHAM, a parish, with a village, in Depwade district, Norfolk; 2 miles NW of Tivetshall r. station, and 7½ S by E of Wymondham. It has a post-office under Long Stratton. Acres, 3,286. Real property, £5,880. Pop., 729. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £335. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church is good; and there are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a parochial school, and charities £50.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Tibenham AP/CP       Depwade PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Tibenham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.