TOWER-EXTRA, or Old-Tower-Without, a precinct in Whitechapel district, Middlesex; on the Thames, 1 mile ESE of St. Paul's, London. Acres, with Tower of London, 37; of which 10 are water. Pop. in 1851, 819; in 1861, 626. Houses, 41.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a precinct"|
|Administrative units:||Whitechapel RegD/PLPar/PLU Middlesex AncC|
|Place names:||OLD TOWER WITHOUT | TOWER EXTRA | TOWER EXTRA OR OLD TOWER WITHOUT|
|Place:||Tower of London|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.