Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ASTON-INGHAM

ASTON-INGHAM, a parish in the district of Newent and county of Hereford; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles N by E of Mitcheldean-Road r. station, and 5¾ E of Ross. Post Town, Linton under Ross. Acres, 2,378. Real property, £3,698. Pop., 568. Houses, 123. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £350.* Patron, the Rev. H. T. Whatley. The church is old. Charities, £10.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Aston Ingham CP/AP       Herefordshire AncC
Place: Aston Ingham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.