Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BRAXTED (Little)

BRAXTED (Little), a parish in Witham district, Essex; on the river Blackwater, adjacent to the Eastern Counties railway, 1 mile E by N of Witham. Post Town, Witham. Acres, 563. Real property, £1,173. Pop., 111. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester Value, £118. Patrons, Trustees of Sir W. B. Rush. The church is good. Charities, £7.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Little Braxted AP/CP       Witham PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place names: BRAXTED     |     BRAXTED LITTLE     |     LITTLE BRAXTED
Place: Little Braxted

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.