Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BWLCHAN, or Bylchan

BWLCHAN, or Bylchan, a chapelry in Henllan and Llansannan parishes, Denbighshire; 6 miles W of Denbigh r. station. It was constituted in 1855; and its post town is Denbigh. Pop., 537. Houses, 124. The living is a rectory n the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Henllan CP/AP       Llansannan AP/CP       Denbighshire AncC
Place names: BWLCHAN     |     BWLCHAN OR BYLCHAN     |     BYLCHAN
Place: Bylchau

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.