Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for GLANOGWEN

GLANOGWEN, a chapelry in Llanllechid parish, Carnarvon; on the river Ogwen, under Carnedd-Davydd, 6 miles SSE of Bangor city and r. station. It was constituted in 1858; and its post town is Bethesda, under Bangor. Pop., 4, 264. Houses, 914. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Bangor. Value, £111.* Patron, Lord Penrhyn. The church is very good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Llanllechid CP/AP       Caernarvonshire AncC
Place: Glanogwen

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.