Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for GLYN-TRAIAN

GLYN-TRAIAN, a parochial division and a chapelry in Llangollen parish, Denbigh. The division lies on Offa's dyke, near the river Dee, and near Chirk r. station, 3½ miles SE of Llangollen. Pop., 975. Houses, 202. The chapelry bears also the name of Pontfadog; was constituted in 1848; and is more extensive than the div. Post town, Chirk, under Ruabon. Rated property, £3, 000. Pop., 1, 499. Houses, 332. The property is much sub-divided. Coal, ironstone, and lime abound. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Llangollen. The church is very good; and there is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parochial division and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Llangollen AP/CP       Denbighshire AncC
Place: Glyntraean

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.