Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HEANWOOD

HEANWOOD, a place in Solihull parish, Warwick; near Solihull. A Benedictine nunnery was founded here, in the time of Henry II., by Ketelbern de Langdon; and was given, at the dissolution, to John Higford.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a place"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Solihull AP/CP       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Henwood

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.