Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for INGROW

INGROW, a village in Keighley parish and a chapelry partly also in Bingley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village lies on the river Worth and the Keighley and Haworth railway, 1¼ mile SSW of Keighley. The chapelry bears the name of Ingrow-with-Hainworth, and was constituted in 1844. Post town, Keighley. Rated property, £8, 057. Pop., 4, 072. Houses, 877. Pop. of the Bingley portion, 2, 423. Houses, 513. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is modern.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Keighley AP/CP       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Ingrow

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.