Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANFIHANGEL-LLEDROD, or LLANFIHANGELLLETHYR-TROED

LLANFIHANGEL-LLEDROD, or LLANFIHANGELLLETHYR-TROED, a parish in Tregaron district, Cardigan; on the river Ystwith, near a railway which was in course of formation in 18 66 from the Central Wales line to Aberystwith, and 7 miles NNW of Tregaron. It contains a village of its own name, and is divided into the townships of Lower Lledrod and Upper Lledrod; and its Post town is Aberystwith. Acres, 8, 69 2. Real property., £3,486. Pop., 1,125. Houses, 239. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Crown. Ffos-yBleddeiad was a seat of the Lloyds, and is now a farmhouse. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £112. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church contains a monument to the poet Evan Evans, author of "Specimens of the Welsh Bards; ''and was recently in disrepair.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Lledrod AP       Tregaron PLU/RegD       Cardiganshire AncC
Place names: LLANFIHANGEL LLEDROD     |     LLANFIHANGEL LLEDROD OR LLANFIHANGELLLETHYR TROED     |     LLANFIHANGELLLETHYR TROED
Place: Lledrod

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.