Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LONDONTHORPE

LONDONTHORPE, a village and a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln. The village stands near Erminestreet, 3 miles NE of Grantham r. station; and contains a number of neat small houses in the Gothic style. The parish comprises 1,520 acres; and its Post town is Grantham. Real property, £2,614. Pop., 228. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor. and much of the land belong to Earl Brownlow. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Manthorpe, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower; and is a neat stone edifice. There is a Wesleyan chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Londonthorpe CP/AP       Grantham PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Londonthorpe

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.