Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MARRINGTON

MARRINGTON, a township in Chirbury parish, Salop; 5½ miles NW of Bishops-Castle. Pop., 92. Marrington Hall is a chief residence.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Chirbury AP/CP       Shropshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.