Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HARDWICKE (EAST)

HARDWICKE (EAST), a township-chapelry in Pontefract parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles SSE of Pontefract town and r. station. It has a post-office under Pontefract. Acres, 500. Real property, £1,130. Pop., 213. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £100.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was recently repaired; and there is a free school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Pontefract CP/AP       West Riding Riding       Yorkshire AncC
Place names: EAST HARDWICKE     |     HARDWICKE     |     HARDWICKE EAST
Place: East Hardwick

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.