Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Killundine

Killundine, an old castle in Morvern parish, Argyllshire, on the NE shore of the Sound of Mull, 3½ miles NNE of Aros Castle. Used as a hunting-lodge by the feudal occupants of Aros Castle, it still is sometimes called Caisteal- nan - Coin, signifying 'the Castle of Dogs.' Col. Charles Cheape of Killundine (b. 1806) holds 4553 acres in the shire, valued at £614 per annum.

(F.H. Groome, Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4); © 2004 Gazetteer for Scotland)

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "an old castle"   (ADL Feature Type: "fortifications")
Administrative units: Morvern ScoP       Argyll ScoCnty

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.