Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Hermand

Hermand, a mansion in West Calder parish, Edinburghshire, on the right bank of Hardwood Water, 1½ mile ENE of West Calder village. It was built towards the close of last century by the judge Lord Hermand.


(F.H. Groome, Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4); © 2004 Gazetteer for Scotland)

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a mansion"   (ADL Feature Type: "residential sites")
Administrative units: West Calder ScoP       Midlothian ScoCnty

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.