Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WOODFORD-GREEN

WOODFORD-GREEN, a village in Woodford-St. Mary parish, Essex; ¾ mile W of Woodford r. station, and 5¼ N by E of Stratford. It has a head post-office,‡ a good inn, and Independent and Wesleyan chapels.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Woodford CP/AP       Essex AncC
Place: Woodford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.